We are a well-established leading player in the logistics sector and growing rapidly in Ghana and within the sub region. As a leading Ghanaian indigenous company, we provide end to end logistics solutions at all sea and air ports to and from the world and a one stop shop for all Logistics needs. We are based in Tema, Accra and Takoadi. We have vacancy for a results-oriented and self-motivated persons and invites
applications for the role of Business Development Supervisor reporting to Head of Business Development. The role is located in Tema.
The role is responsible for identifying, evaluating, and pursuing business opportunities with partners and potential customers to support the overall functional goal of revenue generation.
ROLES DEFINITION & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Responsible for sale of the Company’s products to the market to increase revenue
- Develops weekly marketing plans and visits target customers to win new businesses and close deals
- Maintains a portfolio of clients and manages portfolio to achieve maximum customer satisfaction and highest share of wallet.
- Develop dynamic business presentations and proposals for clients and internal communications
- Provide market feedback to line manager regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate product development ideas.
- Gathering market intelligence for development of new products and services and pricing.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners for the growth of the business
- Supports tender processing
- Supports line manager in managing overall customer satisfaction, and constituting the development of strategies for improving customer experience and implementation of surveys in line with ISO requirements.
- Complete and maintain accurate, timely documentation, reports and records as required by the Company.
- Assists in producing feasibility studies/business plans for new product/ services development Supports line manager in developing marketing campaigns for existing and new products.
- Supports planning and managing advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail.
- Supports line manager in brand awareness, brand management as well as the management of special corporate functions
- Creation of timely sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of first degree in marketing, economics or a related field from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Master’s degree in Business Development, Marketing and/or Economics or a related field shall be an added advantage
- Professional Qualification in marketing or a related field.
- At least four years related working experience.
- Previous experience within the logistics and freight sector would be an added advantage.
- Strong Sales orientation
- Good people skills
- Ability to research, extract and manage data
- Strong research and report writing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (Excel, Power point and Word)
- High level of integrity & adherence to professional & ethical standards.
- Innovative with the ability to generate creative ideas for improvement to service and work processes.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage time and prioritize work.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential materials and matters with discretion.
Interested applicants should submit a one page cover note and a CV-maximum four pages with contacts of two referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission of all applications is 25th August, 2023
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
BAJ Freight is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in our company, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, age, marital status etc and our recruitment procedures reflect this.