We are a well-established leading player in the logistics sector and growing rapidly in Ghana and within the sub region. A leading Ghanaian indigenous company, we provide end to end logistics solutions at all sea and air ports to and from the world and a one stop shop for all Logistics needs. We are based in Tema, Accra and Takoadi. We have vacancy for a results-oriented and self-motivated person and invites applications for General Manager role. The role reports to the Chief Executive Officer and is located at Tema.
Assures the coordinated and effective management and administration of all business operations, providing oversight for corporate master business plan and its measurement and accountable for providing strategic, financial and operational leadership for the company. The role coordinates and works closely with the Board of Directors and senior leadership team.
ROLE DEFINITION & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Leadership & Organizational Effectiveness
- Collaborate with senior leadership to ensure alignment of company operations in line with the vision, mission, values and culture of the organization and acts as a strategic partner by collaborating with senior leadership to develop, implement and measure the company’s strategic aspirations, plans programs and projects.
- Provide leadership to ensure organizational effectiveness across operations to drive innovation to improve talent, operational excellence and financial agility of the company.
- Provide leadership to ensure internal control systems and procedures are established and maintained to continuously appraise the effectiveness of the branches and departments.
- Applies the most appropriate planning, monitoring and evaluation techniques to ensure that operational schedules and programmes are efficiently carried out.
- Provides channels for effective communication and machinery for joint consultation on operational issues with all members of staff in the departments and with associates
- Ensures that every department under his/her authority prepares its annual budget for approval and institutes measures to ensure its implementation. Receives periodic reports from each function explaining the reasons for variances that may occur in their budgets.
- Develop credibility and authority for the finance and accounting leadership team by ensuing accurate analysis of budgets, reports and financial trends and operational procedures in order to assist the Board and senior executive team.
- Ensures that every department develops and implements quality assurance and cost reduction programmes and ensures the timely and regular preparation and submission of financial reports for every department.
- Provide leadership to finance team to develop a solid cash flow projection and reporting mechanism, which includes setting a minimum cash threshold to meet operating requirements.
Organisational and People Matters
- Determines, in conjunction with subordinate heads of department, appropriate manpower levels consistent with organisational requirement; and ensures that training programmes are developed to improve the competence of staff of all departments and makes appropriate recommendations on staff development.
- Provides leadership to ensure performance management of his/her immediate subordinates and reviews the appraisal reports of employees below his/her immediate subordinate’s level and submits reports.
- Drives employee wellbeing by creating the climate for effective information flow, communication and machinery for joint consultation on issues affecting the welfare and job environments of workers in the departments under his/her authority.
- Maintains external contact with appropriate public and private organizations for the collection and analysis of data relevant to the company’s business and confers internally to ensure smooth and efficient management and administration of all the departments. QUALIFICATION AND
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A first degree in business administration from a recognized university. An MBA or suitable equivalent from a recognized university will be an advantage.
- A minimum post-graduate working experience of fifteen (15) years, five (5) years of which should have been served at a senior management level. Excellent strategic thinking mindset Strong business acumen.
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Excellent ability to lead and manage
- Continually drive effective results
- Communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to train, develop and manage large executive teams
- Executive presence and ability to maintain calm demeanor in high stress environments
- Experience in the Shipping, Logistics, Services industry would be an added advantage
- Experience in working in ISO certified environment is also an added advantage
Interested applicants should submit a one page cover note and CV-maximum four pages with contacts of two referees to: email@example.com
Deadline for submission of all applications is 4th September, 2023.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
BAJ Freight is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in our company, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, age, marital status etc and our recruitment procedures reflect this.