Reports to the Transport Manager.
Roles Definition & Accountabilities
- Responsible for operating the company assigned trucks to make scheduled pick-ups and deliveries of load / cargo as instructed operating in line with relevant legislation.
- Effectively coach driver assistants, giving them guidance and direction when working.
- Cooperate with other staff to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with the required Standard Operating Procedures,
- Responsible for getting way-bills and other relevant documents for all deliveries from clients.
- Participate in conducting the necessary risk assessments for routine and non routine loads being transported.
Qualification & Competency Requirement
- Academic Qualification is a minimum of Junior High School certificate. Driving license class ‘F’ is mandatory. A minimum of three years’ experience as a heavy duty truck driver with a good record in safe driving.
- Ability to read and write and able to interpret digital locations, Good time management skills and sound judgement and Excellent customer service