The management of BAJ Freight and Logistics Limited (BAJ) is committed to providing freight forwarding, ship agency, custom brokerage and logistics services to organizations and individuals in an accident free working environment, for employees subcontractors, client workers, visitors, all interested parties and the general public. We promote healthy and safe working practices and ensure that all reasonable and practical action is taken to make this a reality. BAJ Freight believes that all accidents are preventable, and thus requires all employees to
STOP, THINK, ASSESS and RESPOND to any task given to them.
In order to achieve the above OH&S policy, BAJ is committed to the following:
- 1. Establishment and maintenance of Occupational Health and Safety Management System which satisfies the requirements of ISO 45001: 2018.
- 2. Setting and continually reviewing our OH&S objectives and programs for the reduction of ill health, Injuries and hazards.
- 3. Ensuring sufficient financial, human and physical resources are available to meet the objectives of the Occupational Health and Safety Policy.
- 4. Ensuring that risk assessments, with the consultation and participation of workers, are carried out on an on-going basis for hazards identification and the setting of prioritized objectives for elimination and reduction of risk.
- 5. Consultation and Participation with workers and workers’ representatives on issues relating to occupational health and safety to enable them contribute positively to the health and safety of themselves and others whilst at work.
- 6. Educating the entire workforce, contractors and visitors in the relevant aspects of OH&S pertaining to our operations and activities.
- 7. Ensuring that our OH&S system fulfills legal requirements and other requirements.
- 8. Regularly reviewing our systems and performance to ensure relevance and continual improvement.
This policy shall be available at all BAJ operational facilities and locations to be perused by workers, contractors and other interested parties.
The management and employees of BAJ Freight & Logistics Limited are committed to ensuring that our clients receive the best services in freight forwarding, ship agency, customs brokerage and logistics provision. We aim to be customer focused by continually striving to understand and exceed our customers’ expectations. We commit to develop and motivate our workforce to ensure the delivery of consistent quality service and operations excellence to all customers both local and international. Management will adopt a culture that fosters integrity, sense of responsibility and continual improvement through compliance with the ISO 9001:2015 standard.
In order to achieve the above, BAJ is committed to the following:
- Our framework for setting our quality objectives includes PLAN DO CHECK and ACT.
Development of Quality Plans covering customer requirements and expectations including applicable requirements.
Identifying associated risks and opportunities.
Executing the Quality Plans with capable workforce who are equipped with the right tools to satisfy all the applicable requirements. Addressing associated risks and opportunities.
Carrying out audits, reviews monitoring, measuring and analysis on processes, performance indicators, customer complaints, concerns and feedback to determine conformance or otherwise and improvement opportunities
Acting on outcomes to continually improve the Quality Management System.
- Management will ensure availability of sufficient financial, human and physical resources to meet the objectives and targets of the quality and targets of our quality management system
- This policy shall be communicated, understood and applied within the organization. This policy shall be made available at all BAJ operational facilities and locations to be perused by workers, contractors and other interested parties.
BAJ Freight and Logistics Limited (BAJ) is committed to providing freight forwarding, ship agency, customs brokerage and logistics services in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and minimises our potential impact on the environment. We operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and we strive to protect the environment including using pollution prevention and environmental best practices in all we do. Management will adopt a culture that fosters integrity, sense of responsibility and continual improvement through compliance with ISO14001:2015 standard for Environmental Management System to enhance environmental performance.
In order to achieve the above BAJ is committed to the following:
- Our framework for setting environmental objectives involves consideration and integrating of environmental concerns and impacts into our decision making and activities. We shall measure and track these objectives and targets on regular basis and revise them as needed.
- We aim to minimize our waste and reuse or recycle as much as possible. As far as is possible, we shall purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment.
- We shall minimize our carbon monoxide, Sulphur and nitrate emissions by ensuring adequate equipment maintenance.
- We will train, educate and inform our employees about environmental issues that may affect their work to promote environmental awareness among employees and to encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Communicate our environmental commitment to employees, clients, the public and all interested parties and encourage them to support it.
- Where required by legislation or where significant health, safety or environmental hazards exist, develop and maintain appropriate emergency and spill response programmes.
- We shall fulfil all compliance obligations.
- Management shall ensure availability of sufficient financial, human and physical resources to meet the objectives of the environmental management system.
This policy shall be made available at all BAJ Operational facilities and locations to be perused by workers, contractors and other interested parties.