We are a well-established leading player in the logistics sector and growing rapidly in Ghana and within the sub region. As a leading Ghanaian indigenous company, we provide end to end logistics solutions at all sea and air ports to and from the world and we are a one stop shop for all Logistics needs. We are based in Tema, Accra and Takoradi.
Are you a results-oriented and self-motivated person with a great passion for excellent results? Then we invite you to apply for the role of Procurement Supervisor. This role reports to the Administrator and is located in Tema.
The role is responsible for procuring goods and services by ensuring prudent procurement, reduce cost and ensure that the right quality of goods and services are delivered to the organization in accordance with procurement protocols.
ROLE DEFINITION & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies.
- Following and enforcing the company’s procurement policies and procedures to achieve desired results.
- Reviewing, comparing, analyzing, and recommending the right vendor for products and services
- Maintaining and updating supplier/vendor information, qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Undertake vendor periodic evaluation of vendors and make recommendations for improvement.
- Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts.
- Checking on promotional activities of suppliers and advising the company to leverage the promotions to save cost.
- Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
- Preparing budgets, cost analyses, and reports.
- Issuing purchasing orders (PO’s).
- Queries all invoices presented for processing and payments.
- Operate in accordance with health, safety and environmental policies and procedures
QUALIFICATION & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENT
- A minimum of first degree in Purchasing and Supply Chain, Procurement, Business Admin, Economics or other related fields.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ working experience in managing corporate procurement.
- Proficient in Microsoft office (Excel, Power point and Word).
- Good understanding of procurement software.
- Ability to lead and generate results for logistical support to implement organizational strategies
- Knowledge of general freight forwarding terms and standards.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Assertive but tactful and good analytical skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Innovative with the ability to generate creative ideas for improvement to service and work processes
- Meticulous and detail oriented.
- High standards of personal integrity and adherence to professional and ethical standards.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage time and prioritize work
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff
Interested applicants should submit a one page cover note and a CV-maximum four pages with contacts of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org . Deadline for submission of all applications is 16th February, 2024.
Due to the anticipated number of applications to be received, we can only contact short-listed applicants, thank you
BAJ Freight is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in our company, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, age, marital status etc and our recruitment procedures reflect this.