We are a well-established leading player in the logistics sector and growing rapidly in Ghana and within the sub region. As a leading Ghanaian indigenous company, we provide end to end logistics solutions at all sea and air ports to and from the world and we are a one stop shop for all Logistics needs. We are based in Tema, Accra and Takoradi.
Are you a results-oriented and self-motivated person with a great passion for excellent results? Then we invite you to apply for the role of CREDIT CONTROLLER. This role reports to the Finance Manager and it is located in Tema.
The role purpose is primarily responsible for the managing the debts of a business. It oversees all debts owed to a company from existing creditors and manages new requests for credit. It is also involved in evaluating new credit requests and making the necessary recommendations including advising on credit limits. The Credit Controller is a key figure in supporting the financial function of a business.
ROLE DEFINITION & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Taking a proactive role in managing and collecting debts from company debtors
- Evaluating new credit requests and reviewing customers’ credit rankings with banks
- Setting up of terms and conditions of credit
- Ensure that all files are retrieved and billed after clearing
- Implement good quality control system to ensure that invoices raised are free from errors.
- Report on all jobs outstanding and their aging
- Ensuring timely payment of debts
- Following up payments as needed
- Negotiating re-payment plans
- Responding to relevant client enquiries
- Processing and reconciliation of invoices
- Checking and posting of receipts to accounting systems
- Preparation of statements, client status reports and all relevant information as required
- Managing sales ledger
- Providing administrative support to the team
- Perform any other duties that will be assigned from time to time
QUALIFICATION & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENT
- A minimum of first degree in B.Com, Business Admin, Economics or other related fields.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ working experience in credit control, finance, auditing.
- Proficient in Microsoft office (Excel, Power point and Word).
- Good understanding of corporate finance, accounting and auditing
- Ability to lead and generate results for logistical support to implement organizational strategies
- Knowledge of general freight forwarding terms and standards.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Assertive but tactful
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Innovative with the ability to generate creative ideas for improvement to service and work processes
- Meticulous and detail oriented.
- High standards of personal integrity and adherence to professional and ethical standards.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage time and prioritize work
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff
Interested applicants should submit a one page cover note and a CV-maximum four pages with contacts of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org . Deadline for submission of all applications is 29th January, 2024.
Due to the anticipated number of applications to be received, we can only contact short-listed applicants, thank you
BAJ Freight is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in our company, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, age, marital status etc and our recruitment procedures reflect this.